The BELL® P-39D AIRACOBRA® was an American single-engine fighter aircraft from World War II featuring metal construction with a classic low-wing tail and a tricycle undercarriage. This aircraft was produced from the years 1940 to 1944. The advantage of the aircraft was a high maximum speed and excellent performance at low altitudes. These features were successfully used by the American and Soviet air forces, making the Airacobra an attack aircraft designed to fight German tanks and other ground targets. At a low altitude, the Airacobra surpassed the German Bf 109 and Fw 190 aircraft.
The BELL® P-39D AIRACOBRA® was designed with 361 COBI construction blocks in 1:32 scale. The block model offers many movable elements such as a rotating propeller, movable wing ailerons and wheels with rubber tires that can be folded to a horizontal position. Details and historical American olive color markings have been recreated. The cockpit can be opened to seat the historical pilot figure in the seat! The cockpit can also be opened to seat the historical pilot figure inside! Thanks to a special display stand with a plate containing the name of the plane and a place to attach the figure, the whole set looks great. The model uses durable prints and historical markings. The set completes the collection of WWII planes issued in 1:32 scale, intended for enthusiasts of history, military technology and fans of the highest quality block modeling!
- 361 high-quality elements
- Manufactured in the EU by a company with over 20 years of tradition
- The blocks meet the safety standards of products for children
- Fully compatible with other brands of construction blocks
- Blocks with prints do not scratch or smear and do not fade during play or under the influence of temperature
- Clear and intuitive instructions based on illustrations and step-by-step directions
- Pilot figure
- Special display stand with a plate
Model dimensions (L x W x H): 28 cm (11") x 31.5 cm (12.4") x 10.5 cm (4.1")