The Yamato (Japanese 大 和) was a battleship built during World War II that served in the Imperial Japanese Navy. It was the first Yamato-class warship, which, along with its twin Musashi, were the largest battleships built in human history. The main idea behind building such powerful warships was the arms race with the US, which dominated the Pacific. Construction on Yamato began in 1937 and it entered service on December 16, 1941, a week after the attack on Pearl Harbor. The ship was armed with, among other things, nine monstrous 460mm guns. Its total length was 263 meters, width 38.9 meters, draft 11 meters and a displacement of 65,000 tons. It reached a top speed of 27 knots (50 km/h). Nearly 2,500 people served on the ship. It was sunk in a great skirmish on April 7, 1945, by American torpedo planes and bombers.
The Executive Edition, compared to the standard edition, includes an exclusive figure of the Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto. The set also includes two additional nano planes and a black plate that can be mounted on the brick base.
The Yamato battleship is a huge model made of COBI construction blocks. Like other warships it was designed in a 1:300 scale model. The latest edition is even more faithful to the smallest details and details of its historical inspiration. After assembling the 2665 elements, the Yamato is 90 cm (30.4 ") long and 19.5 cm (7.7") cm high. It has many movable elements such as on-board guns and anti-aircraft batteries, rotating artillery towers, rudders and propellers. The set includes a special display stand with a plate on which the name of the ship is printed. A beautiful addition is a unique brick replicating the Golden Orchid, the imperial symbol that decorated the bow of the ship. The model is perfect for all lovers of history, military, marine and military technology. It looks great, arousing admiration and a lot of interest! Thanks to the intuitive instructions based on clear directions, the construction is simple and easy. The estimated time to build the Yamato is around 8 hours of building history! The model was designed and manufactured in Poland (EU).
- 2,684 high-quality components.
- Produced in the EU by a company with over 20 years of tradition.
- The blocks meet the safety standards of products for children.
- Fully compatible with other brands of construction blocks.
- Blocks with prints do not scratch or smear and do not fade during play or under the influence of temperature.
- Clear and intuitive instructions based on illustrations and step-by-step directions.
- Display stand and a plate with the name of the ship.
- 4 nano planes (including two limited white nanos).
- Figure of Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto.
- A brick imitating the imperial Golden Orchid.
- Scale of the 1: 300 model.